1. Inspect concrete around posts for damage, any cracks caused from frost should be fixed right away to maintain the integrity of the posts.
2. Clean all debris from around the fence such as a buildup of fallen leaves and dead weeds; this will help prevent rotting.
3. Check your fence for any screws and nails that may have been pushed out due to the frost; they can be a safety hazard for both children and pets and will also compromise the integrity of your fence.
4. Replace any cracked boards, and look for any knots that have created weak spots.
5. Power wash and scrub your fence to remove any dirt and grime; this will remove any mold and minimize the chances of your fence rotting out.
6. Now is also a great time to paint, stain or reseal your fence; doing so will give the fence an extra layer of protection from drying out and warping.We highly recommend including your fence in a spring cleanup. Be sure to spot and fix any issues quickly, doing so will greatly extend the life of your fence, keeping your family and loved ones safe and secure.
We would be more than happy to help you with a spring inspection. Please call a location near you for more information!
Roma Fence Brampton: 416-798-7566Roma Fence West (Milton) 905-875-2801Roma Fence East (Gormley) 416-213-7270Roma Fence (Hamilton) 905-574-7662